Hubbard Merrell Engineering
Submit your resume and cover letter by May 2, 2016
Hubbard Merrell Engineering is an established Arizona leader in Structural Engineering. The firm has provided structural engineering services throughout northern Arizona and the entire southwest since 1999. In recent years, Hubbard Merrell has grown to be one of the largest engineering firms in Flagstaff, with 15 team members. We offer a broad range of services and expertise to assist clients, including the initial stages of conceptual designs and studies, to detailed design and engineering, to the completion of construction documents and construction administration. Our project experience includes governmental, institutional, commercial, industrial, aerial adventure course, zip-line and residential projects.
As the Project Manager for our firm, you will be responsible for the management of key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. You will need to be organized, professional and a good communicator. As a project manager you will be expected to take a project from initial concept to delivery and project closeout. You must have a can-do, problem-solving attitude and approach to the job.
3+ years of technical experience
Registered Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineer preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, RISA and Revit.
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills, ability to manage multiple projects and personnel simultaneously.
- Manage internal resources and consultants for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Perform value engineering to meet client needs
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Attend project site visits/meetings/inspections with clients, contractors, team members, etc.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate to supervisor as needed
- Establish and successfully maintain relationships with consultants and clients
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assist with sales, scope and job costing for future projects.
- Contributing to the vision and strategic plan for Hubbard Merrell Engineering.
- Progressing your technical and managerial expertise in preparation for position advancement.
Salary or Hourly employee – Commensurate with experience
Benefits include: Paid Time off, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan
Leave a Reply